St. Andrew's Chapel in historic Fort Langley was built in 1885. This is one of the oldest churches in continuous operation in the province. The church building started as a one-room sanctuary; after several expansions, it reached the present configuration in 1979.
The floors, pews, and back door of the sanctuary are original. The beautiful stained-glass windows were installed in the 50’s.
The original bell is from the Hudson’s Bay Company ship the SS Beaver, the first steamship on the west coast of North America. It was destroyed in a fire in the bell tower in 1970. A new bell now rings from the tower ... at the moment of pronouncement of marriage, and by children at the Farmer's Market!
The chapel has a seating capacity of 90, including the wedding party. An organ and piano are available.
St. Andrew's Chapel is one of the favourite venues for small weddings in Fort Langley.
For rental rates, more information or booking, please contact the church office.